As a property owner or manager, you may be aware of the expense related to the installation of your asphalt parking lot. Unfortunately much like driving a new car off of the car lot, asphalt begins to deteriorate in a very short period of time.
Just like a car requires routine oil changes and tune-ups, your parking lot requires standard maintenance to ensure that it achieves its maximum useful life. Research has shown that proper asphalt maintenance can save property owners tens of thousands of dollars over the life of the pavement.
WHY SHOULD I SEALCOAT MY PARKING LOT?
This is a common question asked by property owners and managers. The answer is twofold:
1. To protect the pavement from accelerated deterioration. There is no question that your parking lot takes a beating day-in and day-out. Daily traffic, gasoline and oil leaks, rain, and freeze/thaw cycles all break down the chemical bonds in the asphalt.
Even the sun has a harmful effect on the asphalt; its ultraviolet rays rapidly increase the rate of oxidation, causing the pavement to become dry and brittle. Sealer is designed to dramatically reduce the effect of those factors on the asphalt pavement. When correctly mixed and applied, sealer acts as a barrier, preventing damaging elements from reaching the asphalt. Sealer should be applied every 2 to 4 years depending on the type and frequency of traffic.
2. To enhance the curb appeal of the property. The saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression” is never truer than in real estate. The curb appeal of your property has a huge effect on the clientele and/or tenants that frequent your business. Just as a fresh coat of paint on an old building can offer new perspective, so can a freshly sealed parking lot. It tells your potential customer that you care about the details.
A SEALCOATING ESTIMATE SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. The number of coats that will be applied. Although two coats are the industry standard we may recommend a third coat in the areas of your parking lot where traffic volume is exorbitant.
2. The method of application. Depending on the condition of your pavement we will recommend the process that best suits your needs.
3. The sealcoat product and additives that will be used. Here at Executive Asphalt we only use the Star Seal brand of products. Across the board, we have found them to be the most cost-effective and durable product available. You will be supplied a full list of any additives that may be used as well as an explanation as to why we believe they will benefit you.
Sealcoating is a key component to any parking lot maintenance plan. The experts at Executive Asphalt excel at delivering a guaranteed, hassle-free, cost-effective sealcoating process to our customers.
OUR SEALCOATING PROCESS
NEED A LITTLE COLOR IN YOUR LIFE?
Executive Asphalt not only has the ability to provide custom formulated blends of black sealers manufactured by our sister company Star Seal of Ohio but also offers a unique pavement sealant in a variety of colors with all the same protective properties found in our "traditional" Star Seal sealers.